Monday, November 20, 2006

Jack OK Taking a Back Seat

Checking in from Seattle. You'll find this hard to believe but it is raining. To be fair, it was nice and sunny earlier in the day, but not so much now. I'm taking a break to check on my Pacers.

Mike Wells has a story today on Stephen Jackson taking a more limited role in the near future while his wrist continues to heal. Jack initially injured the wrist after being hit by a car in case you hadn't heard.

Jack is an easy target for so many reasons and this year the haters have been on him because of his poor shooting. But give credit to Jack for playing the game right so far this year. He's battled on defense, done what was ask of him, and been a great teammate. Often, when on the bench, he's been on his feet leading the cheers. I'm rely on actions over words and Jack has shown me enough to stand by him now.

The words of a great teammate are icing when linked to actions and this article included a great quote from Jack regarding Carlisle mention that he wants Jack back in the starting lineup when he's fully healthy.

"It feels good that coach has faith in me," he said. "But if it ain't broke don't fix it. I'm with it if we can get on a roll and keep it like this. If we're winning, I'm with it."
A perfect Jackism if there ever was one.

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com