Thursday, November 23, 2006

Magic 96, Pacers 91: Team Even Steven

The Pacers dropped back to an even 6-6 on the year with a 96-91 loss at Orlando tonight. Here is the AP recap of the game.

When I left my sister's house for a family dinner, the Pacers were up six at the half. Jamaal Tinsley and JO were lighting it up and a solid road effort was well within grasp. With no access to any NBA information at dinner, I occasionally let my mind wander to consider this game a W. Three in a row and this one against a tough Eastern Conference foe on the road. It is early, but this win would put the Pacers in the rarefied air of two or more games over .500 in the East. Man, did I enjoy my dinner.

Reality hit hard when I came home to find out the Pacers couldn't get the ball in the basket in the second half, shooting 13-40 from the field. At least they scrapped and battled to the end despite the drastic turn of events. The Pacers have Thanksgiving off before hosting the Central Division leading LeBrons on Friday night. Huge! Huge game!

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com