Monday, December 04, 2006

Shawne Williams Getting His Work In

Bruno has a piece up at Pacers.com about Shawne Williams adjusting to life on the bench as he learns the NBA game.
"I've got to be tough," he said. "This is something different for me. I'm not used to this. I'm used to playing, but this is a different story. I'm a rookie. It's a process I've got to go through. I've just got to be ready at all times."
There's plenty of stories about prodigious young players developing a sense of entitlement and an inflated opinion of their skill while playing on high profile AAU teams and going through the recruiting process. Shawne has been refreshingly humble from day one with the Pacers (I know, I know, he MAY have taken $50 gr on his way to Memphis - doesn't change the way he's approached his work with the Pacers). He's in for a bit of a grind before his shot at being a big time NBA player and it sounds like he's up for the work. Once he earns that first playing time, it will be easy to root for the kid.

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com